From September 1, 2020, international students will be able to enter Hungary only if they immediately go to their previously arranged accommodation address and stay in quarantine for the mandatory 2-week period.
Exemption from the mandatory quarantine period is possible only after 2 negative PCR tests (which must be arranged in Hungary.
During the quarantine period the students must not leave their designated accommodation unless they have two negative test results (with min. 48 hours between the dates of the tests). In case the student presents a fresh and negative PCR test taken in any of the so-called Schengen zone countries, the USA or Canada upon arrival in Hungary, and given that the Hungarian authorities deem it appropriate, that test result might be accepted as the first of the two required to leave the quarantine.
Staying in the quarantine means that the students have to order food and everything else online, and under no circumstances they are allowed to leave the accommodation. The authorities may check the compliance with the quarantine obligations at any time. If the persons sent to quarantine are not found at their designated accommodation when there is a check (and they are not able to show the official permission granted to leave the quarantine to take the PCR test), they might be subject to serious legal consequences such as being banned from Hungary.
Only healthy students may enter the university! It is forbidden to enter the university buildings with symptoms indicating a disease caused by the COVID-19 virus (or the high risk of carrying the virus).
Mask-wearing is mandatory in the territory of the university (except in the dining rooms). The facemask should cover the mouth and the nose.
Keep social distancing! A safe distance of 1.5 meters must possibly be kept! Large groups are to be avoided.
Frequent hand washing and use of disinfectants are highly recommended. Disinfectants are located at the entrances of the university buildings and at many other places.
When coughing or sneezing a tissue should be used, or if the tissue is not available one should cough or sneeze into his/her elbow.
Typical symptoms of the coronavirus disease
The most common symptoms are fever, tiredness, dry cough and the loss of taste or smell. Some patients might experience muscle aches, congestion or a running nose, a sore throat, diarrhea, shortness of breath. chills.
Where to take a PCR test in Hungary?
If you do not feel well:
1. Stay home! If you must go out, avoid using any kind of public transportation or taxis.
2. Monitor your symptoms carefully. If your symptoms get worse, consult your GP or call your healthcare provider immediately.
3. Get rest and stay hydrated.
4. If you have a medical appointment, call the healthcare provider ahead of time and tell them that you may have COVID-19.
5. Cover your cough and sneezes with a tissue or use the inside of your elbow.
6. Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or clean your hands with an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
7. As much as possible, stay in a specific room and away from other people in your accommodation. Also, you should use a separate bathroom, if available. If you need to be around other people in or outside of your accommodation, wear a mask.
8. Avoid sharing personal items with other people in your household, like dishes, towels, and bedding.
9. Clean all surfaces that are touched often, like counters, table tops, and doorknobs. Use household cleaning sprays or wipes according to the label instructions.