The Hungarian Diaspora Scholarship was established by the Hungarian Government for those who live in a Hungarian diaspora outside of Europe and wish to study at a Hungarian higher education institution to develop their personal, professional and cultural relations to Hungary.
The programme aims to support the professional advancement of the scholarship holders with high-quality Hungarian higher education while improving their Hungarian language skills and strengthening their Hungarian identity. After graduation, scholarship holders return to their home country with competitive skills and knowledge that enables them to support their community, preserve Hungarian values and reinforce the relations between the diaspora and Hungary.
More information on the scholarship programme can be found under: www.diasporascholarship.hu/
For the application procedure visit this site: https://apply.diasporascholarship.hu
For the University’s profile visit: https://apply.diasporascholarship.hu/en_GB/institutions/institution/54-kroli-gspr-university-reformed-church-hungary
• Hungarian identity and connection to a diaspora community declared in a motivation letter and a statement,
• residency in one of the supported regions,
• recommendation letter from a Diaspora Organisation or the Hungarian Representation of the respective territory,
• living outside Hungary for at least 10 years before the submission of the application,
• 4 years of applicant’s secondary school studies completed outside Hungary,
• applicant was born before 31 August 2004 (except those applying for Dance study programmes),
• applicant undertakes to learn Hungarian as a foreign language and Hungarian culture during his/her whole study period and undertakes to pass a Hungarian as a foreign language exam at CEFR B2 level minimum,
• applicant undertakes to help the local Hungarian diaspora organisation in a foreign country with community work for the specified period in the Call for Applications after graduation.
The applicant must complete the admission requirements set by the host higher education institution.
Detailed information about these programmes as well as the application forms can be found in the “Study programmes in foreign languages” section of the website.
• 31 January 2022: application deadline
• February – May 2022: professional evaluation by the Host Institutions
• July 2022: information on application results
• September 2022: arrival to Hungary and start of higher education studies
For further information please visit the official Hungarian Diaspora Scholarship website: https://diasporascholarship.hu/