The application for the 2021/2022 academic year is now closed! The application for the 2022/2023 academic year will open again in autumn 2021.
Please find here the Call for Application for the academic year 2021/2022
The deadline for submitting the complete application package was 31 January 2021 – 23:59 (Central European Time).
The Hungarian Diaspora Scholarship was established by the Hungarian Government for those who live in a Hungarian diaspora outside of Europe and wish to study at a Hungarian higher education institution to develop their personal, professional and cultural relations to Hungary.
The programme aims to support the professional advancement of the scholarship holders with high-quality Hungarian higher education while improving their Hungarian language skills and strengthening their Hungarian identity. After graduation, scholarship holders return to their home country with competitive skills and knowledge that enables them to support their community, preserve Hungarian values and reinforce the relations between the diaspora and Hungary.
• Hungarian identity and connection to a diaspora community declared in a motivation letter and a statement,
• residency in one of the supported regions,
• recommendation letter from a Diaspora Organisation or the Hungarian Representation of the respective territory,
• living outside Hungary for at least 10 years before the submission of the application,
• 4 years of applicant’s secondary school studies completed outside Hungary,
• applicant was born before 31 August 2003 (except those applying for Dance study programmes),
• applicant undertakes to learn Hungarian as a foreign language and Hungarian culture during his/her whole study period and undertakes to pass a Hungarian as a foreign language exam at CEFR B2 level minimum,
• applicant undertakes to help the local Hungarian diaspora organisation in a foreign country with community work for the specified period in the Call for Applications after graduation.
The applicant must complete the admission requirements set by the host higher education institution.
• exemption from the payment of tuition fee
• health insurance (social security card)
• on request: monthly stipend (43.700 HUF/month, cca EUR 120) and dormitory or contribution to accommodation costs (40.000 HUF/month, cca EUR 110)
Our university offers 23 study programmes. Please find the list and all the information here:
Study programmes are available both in English and Hungarian. In the case of English language study programmes, the scholarship holder must also participate in Hungarian as a foreign language course during the period of studies. For the studies planned in Hungarian, the Tempus Public Foundation will provide an opportunity to participate in a Hungarian language preparatory course.
• 31 January 2021: application deadline
• March – May 2021: professional evaluation by the Host Institutions
• June 2021: information on application results
• September 2021: arrival to Hungary and start of higher education studies
For further information please visit the official Hungarian Diaspora Scholarship website: https://diasporascholarship.hu/