The application for the 2021/2022 academic year is now closed! The application for the 2022/2023 academic year will open in the winter of 2021.
Károli Gáspár University of the Reformed Church in Hungary founded a scholarship to provide the opportunity of studying in Hungary for young Christian students from certain countries in the Middle East, Asia and Africa.
The scholarship is available for the citizens of the following countries or territories with a special international status:
The Programme is financed and managed by Károli Gáspár University.
Number of places available: maximum 5 applicants will be granted the scholarship
Available study programmes within the framework of Károli Christian Scholarship
• Psychology BA
• BA in English and American Studies
• MA in English Studies
• Master in Deutscher Sprache, Literatur und Kultur
• Master of Theology (MA)
• LL.M. in European and International Business Law
• PhD in Theology
• Doktoratsstudium in Theologie
We welcome the application of persons meeting the following eligibility criteria:
1. full-age citizens, who are at least 18 years old but not older than 30 years by the time their education starts at Károli Gáspár University;
2. applicants, who have recommendation signed by a church representative from the List of Churches published here
3. applicants, who comply with all specifications of the programme they applied for. Specifications are listed in the programme descriptions.
Károli Christian Scholarship covers the followings:
⮚ Tuition-free education: exemption from the payment of tuition fee
⮚ Monthly allowance: HUF 100 000 (cca. EUR 280) contribution to the living expenses in Hungary for the first academic year (2 semesters) of your studies, and introducing a variable rate from the third semester until the completion of your studies depending on your academic performance
⮚ Accommodation: dormitory place for the whole duration of the scholarship period for 12 months a year or HUF 40 000 monthly accommodation allowance
⮚ Reimbursement of travel costs to/from home country: HUF 200 000 /academic year (cca. EUR 560)
⮚ Medical insurance in Hungary
Access to Online Application Platform
Please include your Church Recommendation from the List of Churches together with your Motivation letter.
Only those applicants will be considered for the Károli Christian Scholarship who include the Church Recommendation in their application.
Formal criteria for the Letter of Church Recommendation must:
1. be signed and stamped by the bishop (or other leader) of the relevant Church
2. have the printed name of and contact details of the bishop (or other leader) on it
3. be written on the official letterhead of the relevant Church
4. include all the personal details of the applicant (full name, date and place of birth of the applicant) and the date of issuance.
List of Churches
Applicants to Károli Christian Scholarship do not have to pay the application fee, if that is otherwise applicable in case of a specific study programme.
The deadline for submitting the complete application package:
30th April 2021 (until 23:59 CET - Central European Time)
Click HERE to access the Online Application Platform